premium nickel

white

chartreuse

Basics for me:

Dark water: Colorado or indiana or bigger tandem

Clearer water:Willow or indiana or tandem

Cloudy: gold/silver/ or colored

Sunny: Silver

im not much of a spinnerbait guy but, i use chart or white blades only in clear water. gold/nickel (either one, but have had more success on the nickel) any other time. i use solid gold/nickel blades in lower light conditions and  the flake? blades (the ones that look like a golf ball) when its bright. willow blades when im fishing fast or around heavier cover.

I use willow blades for a faster retrieve and in clear water.The willow blades are awesome for smallmouth. With a tandem blade combination(for smallies) the top one should be chartruese and the bottom one should be white, and use a matching skirt.  If I want a slower retrieve I use colorado blades.Colorado blades make the spinnerbait go slow and raise quicker.This is why they are a good choice for largemouth. Use silver in the sun and gold or copper in the overcast conditions.

I use double willows or tandem in summer when I am going to slow roll or jig spinnerbaits. I use a single or double colorado for churning the surface and for early season bull rush fishing. Spinnerbaits are my favorite lure, so, so versatile.

When I started bass fishing in the 60's 99% of bass fishing was with spinnerbaits and that didn't change much until Bill Dance took some of Nick Creme's worms down to Lake Eufala.  Those of us who knew Bill in those days (before Bassmasters and his TV show) knew he was a "big stick" (a seriously good bass fisherman).

Anyways in those days bass fishin was all about chunkin a spinnerbait (Jimmy Houston and the boys in OK never changed).

Any color is good as long as it is white, white with chartruese, white with blue or white with blue and chartruese.  I like a little red or orange on the head.

Single chrome colorado blades in a size 4 or 5 probably have caught more bass than all other size and types combined.

If its a tandem I want one of the blades in chrome and one in gold - doesn't matter which.

If I want to fish faster or deeper I'll go with a heavier spinnerbait and willow leaf blades in the same colors.

I keep 6 or 7 dozen spinnerbaits in my boat and they all are in some combination of the above.

My favorite brand is Hog Rustler.  Don't know if they still make them, but they must have had a hell of a salesman in the South as you can find them still on the racks just about everywhere except Wal-Mart.

Forget everything else.