Sign in to follow this  
fishingrulz

can you do this???

i have a baby bass colored tiki-stik everytime i am fishing i hear and see fish in the lilly pads. so here is my question if i rig one of this tiki-stiks weedless and cast it in to the pads will i still get it snagged on the hard stem of the pads? thanks

sidenote: instead of starting a new topic i figured i would ask it here being that this question is related. at alsmost all of the places i fish the lillys pads are bid and sticking 3-6 inches out of the water whay does this happen?

As long as you have the lure completely weedless, you should not get it snagged in the stems.

However, after catching a bass, or swinging and missing, check to make sure that the hook point does not come out of the lure.  If it does, fix the lure by moving the placement of the hook, replace the lure, etc.

Every now and then you will get the lure snagged in the weeds. When pulling the lure out of  vegetation it can also expose the hook.

You are not rigging the bait quite right if you are getting hung up frequently and you are not checking your bait often enough.

If the water level fluctuates, the pad will grow to the highest level the water reaches so that at high water the pad is not under water.  Thus, when the water is not at its highest level pads will someimes stick up out of the water, especially in water less than 3 feet deep where the lenght of the pad stem isn't enough to give it flexibility.

Where water levels fluctuate, high water and rising water is generally the best time to fish shoreline cover like lily pads.