Sign in to follow this  
Guest avid

where are the bass?

Guest avid

The past few days have been really slow.  I have been fishing deep, shallow, and everthing in between.  I'm wondering if becasue of the high water level the bass may be way back in the flooded grass.  Would this be a flipping situation?  Think I'll try that out with a jig and/or a t-rig.  What plastic would you use?

In my opinion, yes, they would be shallower.  Perhaps not all the way in the backs of the flooded grass and brush.  If they are, they are going to tight to the cover, as the baitfish are going to in there feeding, since the flooded grass and brush will give more plankton, etc., for them to feed on.

If you can find isolated patches of grass, or isolated brush, then, yes, I would throw a jig.  Might have to leave it a few seconds, just to simulate that the bait was feeding along the bottom.

As for plastics, I would either use a tube or a creature bait.  I would want something that is bulky but yet, kinda small.  Hope that makes sense.  LOL

Try some of the new frogs and fish them like a buzzbait across the grass. You will be able to cover alot of water and usually catch alot of fish. A tip for fishing frogs, every now and then let the frog rest on the grass clumps for a couple seconds before continuing the retrieve. Bass will look at the bait or catch up to it and then when it starts going again they kill it.