Sign in to follow this  
arul

How do I get Zoom Speed worms to flutter???

Hi all,

I tried using the Zoom Speed worm (the one with the paddle tail).  I was watching it come in, and I wasn't sure I understood the paddletail would just kinda hang limp.  

Then, during 1 particular retreive, the paddle tail just started kicking up a storm, kinda like a swimbait.  I tried to reproduce this effect, but couldn't do it.  I tried different speeds, rigging, etc...

How do I consistently get that tail to kick like it should????

As for me, I cant get it to flutter either. I just gave up and stayed with the ultra-vibe speed worm.I hope some one else can help.,Im in the same boat youre in.

For one, try the Gambler flappin tails they are very soft and slithery and make a heck of a ruckus when retrieved. An excellent night bait.

Are you rigging with the tail flat horizontally or vertically? Hope that makes sense.It is easier to show than tell. I rig those types of worms with the tail flat.In other words the hook rides underneath and if you lay the worm on a table the tail sits flat.

If the worm is real stiff then put it in hot water for around 30 secs or so. I also do that with my buzz frogs.

I like zoom, but they failed on the speed worms when it comes to action. Just use the ultravibe speed worms.