Sign in to follow this  
bassattack1990

raining

ok i moved to oregon and it rains alote i havent caught many fish mostly cause i dont know what to throw. these are the condistions mostly raining and mist with a slight wind comeing up now and then and cold fronts sweep the area often so its like fishing top water one day and slow slow worm the next the problem i am haveing is i am useing the clolors i used in missuori and they ant working <plastic worm colors> so what should i try.

p.s the olny thing they sell is trout ans steel head crap so i havent really got to buy any plastic worms so i am haveing my dad send me some from tennessee were he lives buti dont want random colors so what should i use worm wise and artificle. :-?

Just taking a guess that your problem is not the colors, but not fishing in the right places at the right times. I'm a long ways from Oregon, but I can't understand why bass behavior there would be so different from other states. You can use anything in the rain that you can use in dry weather; however, I love to start with topwaters, like buzzbaits.

In your soft plastics, I don't think you can go wrong with basic colors like blacks, pumpkinseeds and watermelons.

Also have an assortment of crankbaits and spinnerbaits that are appropriate for the conditions there. I truly believe that if you can find 'em, you can catch 'em. Good luck.

I caught a lot of fish up there on a hand pour 4" straight tail worm, pop R, tube, crankbait, jig, 4" slug-go, in the winter a lot of guys use a jigging spoon summer a wacky rig works well up there also.

In the rain I would start with a gold topwater and go from there.