Sign in to follow this  
Bassin247

Prespawn?

Im from Western PA, and Im currently going to school at Clemson in South Carolina.  The past few days have been in the 70s and Im dying to go fishing.  Can anyone give me some info about when the prespawn patterns start around here (upstate SC), and what is my best way to catch some fish.  I dont have a boat, so I am REALLY limited in what I can do!! Please help me out!!

I'm not from the area but,Ican tell you that the pre-spawn patterns will start when the water temp gets about 52-55 degrees.I like to throw craw colored cranks,a jig,and I'm really going to work on the jerkbait bite this year.I usually fish close to deeper water on my lake.

i just got home from lake hartwell...didn't get much chance to fish since i was taking the family out but IMO. if the fish aren't in pre-spawn yet, it will be very very soon. the temps are up right now but its still early march, they could easily fall back down and give us another snow storm b4 spring comes around. keep your fingers crossed that this weather hangs in there and we'll have an early and long spawn this year!!!

Im from NC and ive been having really good luck on a spinnerbait and a craw #5 shad rap, the bigger fish that ive caught have been in 6ft of water or less.

ive been having really good luck on a spinnerbait and a craw #5 shad rap

That is the one I love.My PB fell victim to it!I know she's ugly but no pounds were deducted.PB.jpg

Go fish now!  I'm in central/southern Illinois and fished my local honeyhole yesterday.  44-48 degree stained to muddy water.  Three keepers out of 5 foot of water or less.  2 pounds, 4.5 pounds and 6 pounds even!!  Flippin' a junebug sweet beaver.  SLOW.

That is the one I love.My PB fell victim to it!I know she's ugly but no pounds were deducted.

There is no such thing as an ugly keeper size bass

I Agree!