Sign in to follow this  
CJ

Pre-spawn suspended fish

I know that alot of fish tend to suspend when located at staging areas.Is there factors that might cause them to drop down on the bottom?Cold front,cloudy sky,current?

Good Question.  I could have something to do with water clarity.  It seems like bass would be less likely to suspend in dingy water, but this year I haven't caught many fish on the bottom, even in water that had a pretty good stain to it.

I know that alot of fish tend to suspend when located at staging areas.Is there factors that might cause them to drop down on the bottom?Cold front,cloudy sky,current?

Cold Front would be your major factor, but heavy pressure would be second.  Cloudy skies would have nothing to do with it unless it is part of the front.  You can still get warm rays coming through the clouds to warm the water temps.  I am sure that the current, if on a lake, would have nothing to do with it either.  If around a dam where there is rise and fall in the depth of the water sometimes plays in that, but not too much.

Squid