Sign in to follow this  
fishingrulz

can't get the bass

guys...i haven't caught a bass since october. i need help. i'm fishing a small pond. no boat. the wind is really really strong 20-30mph. the water is cold. it never really froze totally this winter but the water has been cold. i've caught like 4 pickeral in the past 5 months. i cannot get a bass in these conditions how should i aproach it. i have all finnesse lures. no baitcasting set-up  :'(

since you only have small lures (& i assume light line outfit), i'd throw a tube on the windward side of the pond, let it "sit" for 30 or 40 seconds, then slowly hop it back to shore.

if this doesn't work, a wacky rigged senko might do it for you.

I'd go with a finesse jig,barely hopping or dragged slowly along the bottom.The fish will turn on once the water temps get back up.Dont be discouraged,this time of year is tough......winter to spring transition,heavy winds,rain etc......

Or you could email Bill Dance,he has tons of small pond experience. ;)

I'd go with a finesse jig,barely hopping or dragged slowly along the bottom.The fish will turn on once the water temps get back up.Dont be discouraged,this time of year is tough......winter to spring transition,heavy winds,rain etc......

Or you could email Bill Dance,he has tons of small pond experience. ;)

bill dance will only be intrested if its a private pond    he likes to have his space

Ok, short arm spinnerbait with big colorado blade and add a big trailer 2 it

Yo-yo it and let it sit 2 the bottom sometimes

Also u can use and 1/8oz bullet weight and a 6'' lizard t-rigged

Cast it . Let it sit 2 the bottom. Count till 20   S L O W L Y  drag it for 4-5 inches .Stop

Count till 20

Repeat the same and then hop it 2-3 times

repeat the whole procudure

I hope u catch em hihihihihihi

If it was me I would swim a jig 1/4 oz white with a zoom swim chunk or a twin tail grub for a trailer. I would count it down and just a steady reel back to the bank. Early in the season and late when the water gets cold I do well with it. When you get a strike wait for the second tap because the bass tend to stop the bait then they will take it all the way. If you set on the first tap your going to get frustrated.  The other option is a countdown bait like a rattletrap or a countdown rapala. With heavy wind you need to use something that you can stay in contact with and when the bass are cold you are not going to feel much of a bite. A slow roll spinnerbait is another good option.

Guest bassmaster79

I agree with Chris but I would also suggest that you use a Zoom Baby Brush Hog (junebug color).  The reason I would suggest the color junebug is because I have personaly had great success with it in the cold water.  Make sure you fish it slowly.