Sign in to follow this  
Valascus

Drop Shotting Questions

I have never tried drop shotting, mostly because I always assumed it was a technique that is used from a boat or dock with a completely vertical presentation. Is this completely true, or is there any way to drop shot while bank fishing? I have also generally been under the impression that drop shotting is a deep water technique, but how deep is deep? Can it be used as a shallow water presentation as well?  :-?

Thaks a lot Triton_Mike. That article was very informative. Heh...as cold as it has suddenly gotten around here I may have to give it shot. Might be my only chance to catch anything this week.

Its a Great Technique for any situation, shallower heavier cover, clear deep water. Just vary your size of plactics and hooks, also try diferent leader lengths especially tubes in shallow water.

Drop shots are quickly becomming my go-to bait when conditions get tough in these clear water lakes in cen-tex.  Finesse seems to be the way to go in a lot of situations...though we are generally getting smaller fish, which is why I don't use the derned thing all the time.  Dropshots work and they work well...though they can be a pain in the neck when it comes to getting the lure in the strike zone. (IE 50 ft of water, fish are suspened at 25ft on a dropoff.  It can get hard to get it in the right place and keep it there...especially if it's not completely vertical)

Brian

-Ain't Texans-