Sign in to follow this  
ball_coach_1

"World Record" officially releases w/out threads

http://www.another site/docktalk.asp?archive=c

http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/fishing/news/story?page=f_fea_bass_world-record_Weakley_25.1

Just hoping to leave this so all can come on and read the press releases and not have to read through all the threads to find the officially releases on the story.

Thanks.  I gotta say this, Weakley is a true sportsman.  99% of us would have killed that fish to have it mounted or sold it to Bass Pro, Cabelas, or somewhere.  

Share Lunker program is the way to go.  They (the Sharelunker folks) will come get your living fish and give you an exact fiberglass replica in exchange.  Then they take your fish and breed it with other large bass to try to develop a strain of larger and more active fish.  From what I hear it's been working out pretty well, though the program is pretty new.  It might be a TX only thing though....I dunno.  I do know that it's for all bass 10+lbs...so think about that option next time you get a hawg.

Brian

-Ain't Texans-

Thanks.  I gotta say this, Weakley is a true sportsman.  99% of us would have killed that fish to have it mounted or sold it to Bass Pro, Cabelas, or somewhere.  

I would have kept it, traded it to BPS for a free replica mount and $$.  It sounds like he released it after realizing his foul hooking of the bass, intentional or not, was witnessed.