Sign in to follow this  
airborne_angler

Shakin technique on a Finesse worm

What is the proper way to use the Shakin Technique on a Finesse worm? And what worms are suitable for that technique?

I was Dropshotting the other day with a Berkley 3" Power Pulse worms and caught a Bunch of dinks and of all things.....get this ......3 Trout!!!!

Got bored with the dinks so I tried a 4" Kalins Western Weenie Worm and experimented with the Shakin technique. On the first cast I hooked into a 15 inch LMB  that I would estimate weighed anywhere between 1.5 and 2.5 lbs. Im not sure I was retreiving it properly and want some consistency that why I ask about the proper technique. I was sitting down on the bank while retrieving it and suddenly felt like I was snagged BIG TIME. No tick tick or tap tap. The bait just stopped like it was hung. I tried to "unhang" it and suddenly realized my rod tip was bouncing. I was in very deep water  at the dam on the lake . Is it usual to have the bite somewhat undetectable when fishing deep like that?

Shaking technique works on a lot more worms than you'd think. Any worm that will sit on the bottom with its tail up toward the surface, can shake. Let it sit, then shake it just bairly for a few seconds. Then jerk to make it hop a few inches/feet and try again. Good technique.