Sign in to follow this  
Bassassasin12

Pond by my house

There is a pond by my house that is semi private it is kind of like the neighborhood pond and its loaded with bass, the biggest one in there is a 6 lb. 5 oz fish, (Know because the owner told me when I caught him) Well the owner hasn't really been keeping up on it like he usually does and he wanted me to look into keeping it healthy and thriving liek it is. I read all the articles this site has on pond management and found out this is stuff that I have been practicing all ready. All the fish in the pond are well fed and healthy and it is know my job to keep it that way. I am one of the only people that fish in it and the others are buddies of mine that fish it with me. It is going to be expensive but I am dedicated to keeping this pond perfect, how often do you get a chance to control how big the fish you are going to catch get to be...??? Anyone else have a pond that they manage and have any inside tips that they use to get bigger bass? I think it's alot of fun to keep a pond going strong. One thing thats in there thats a plus is grass eating carp because it is a pain to go out on a little row boat and pick out all the excess weeds.

If you're interested in spending some money, Ray Scott has a series of videos on pond management.