Sign in to follow this  
-hydrillagorilla-

Night fishing in colored water

Good day fellow Bass Heads,

I have a lake (or pond depending on your location) it is 100 acres.  It is susceptible to coloring up with just an average little rain.  When it hasn't rained in sometime, the water is never totally clear.   I have had great luck on this lake when I catch her stained or not too dirty.  

My question is:  with the incredible heat we have been having i was considering some night fishing (LBH HELP) thinking A.) more tollarble for me but more importantly B.) maybe have some better success?  But the water is always colored?  

Do you think night fishing would be productive in the colored water?  part of me says no - but another part says these fish live here all the time and know how to feed - -

Opinions?  

Colored or muddy water is productive at night. You just have to remember to use larger then avergae baits and baits that vibrate a great deal.

If you can fish from a boat I would cast a Black Spinnerbait with a single colorado blade with a big bulky trailer on it. SOmetimes a Jumbo Pork frog is a good choice. Adds scent also. A Chatterbait is another good option as long as it is black and blue. If you worm fish throw a big creature type bait. A Bacon Rind has worked well for me (Gambler product) or a 10" Power worm. Fish slow and use a screw in weight with rattles in it. Gambler makes those. I use them at night and like the fact that I don't have to poke rattles in my plastics anymore.

Just slow down and fish thouroughly. Throw to the same area a couple of times. When retrieving the SB or Chatterbait reel it in slow and never pause it. Just a slow steady retrieve so the fish can home in on it. Bass can hunt with our without their eyes. I have caught blind bass with either no eyes or badly torn up eyes. They use their latteral lines and can locate food just find.

Bring bug spray and post your results.

I think there is only one way to find out, go out and try it.  Just remember what Keith said, use lures with plenty of vibration.