Sign in to follow this  
Chug Bug

Heat related fish kill in NJ

Just saw it on the news, so I don't have all the details.  Drastically reduced levels of oxygen due to air temperature in Piscataway New Jersey.  The film they showed revealed many good sized largemouths floating on the surface.

I did a google search on the subject and came up with these two articles. Man...this heat needs to break. It's getting crazy. :(

http://www.nj.com/search/index.ssf?/base/news-1/1154497923138030.xml?starledger?nmx&coll=1

http://www.nj.com/search/index.ssf?/base/news-1/1154443515175990.xml?starledger?nmx&coll=1

I'm one of the few lucky enough to be experiencing this heat wave ;)  Yesterday temps. were about 98 degrees with humidity it was like 105.  Today is a totally different story temps. well past the 100 mark with humidity making it feel around 115 at my place.  Way too hot to fish for me, plus the fish are down deeper.

Kansas City hasn't been any better until today, for the past three weeks i bet we have had 10 or 12 days over 100 degrees, and in Kansas City Humidity is always high so its wicked hot, but we had a big storm come through last night and today is only supposed to be 85, hopefully that will hit up north for you guys