Sign in to follow this  
Keithscatch

MEMBER CHALLENGE Question

Question about this. Isn't the challenge idea for someone to challenge someone else in something the other person is not good at or at least uncomfortable with? So I see so many saying they won't do this or that. To me that sort of defeats the purpose doesn't it? I mean that is the challenge should you choose to accept it.

Also, I see several mentiion they were skipped. LBH, where are you on this bud? This is your baby so make sure no one is skipped. That would suck. I think I understand that we challenge the person who posted after us and the person who posted ahead of us challenges us. Is this right?

If I am challenged with a certain technique shouldn't I use ONLY that technique when I go fishing? Last time I read where so many ignored that and fished the way they always do till they found fish then picked up the rod with the lure on that they were challenged with to use and cast that to the area that held fish. What is the purpose of that? If I am not comfortable throwing jigs as an example and are challenged to fish them shouldn't I only fish with a jig that day? I am just trying to understand this process better.

Thanks.

sorry I took so long to reply,been fishin.

As far as the order,.yes,you are correct.

you can fish in that style for as long as you want, 1hr, 1 week,up to you.  The idea is to keep it relaxed, if folks just plain don't want to fish a certain way then I guess they can state that but as keith said, it kinda defeats the idea.

Rules are below

Rules

I don't believe it's necessary for the fishermen or woman  ;) to HAVE to exclusively fish a particular lure the whole time they're on the lake. For example, my challenge to my person was to fish a floating worm or senko, his choice, wacky style.  Considering the time of year and the heat that's embraced the entire country this summer I'd say the angler will have his best shot fishing early morning and late evening.  If he wants to try the technique other times I say more power to him but that's when I'd concentrate fishing that technique.  If you use the lure in the appropriate time and place you're more likely to catch a fish on that lure or method and thus, gain confidence in it.  Flogging the water with a lure or technique that isn't conducive to catching fish at that particular time is likely to cause frustration with the bait.  That's not what this is about and personally why I add a few tips of my own to help an angler along in learning a bait.

Cool, thank you for claryifying.

Do we wait till the 14th or 15th to challenge or be challenged?

No. Challenge your guy as soon as you know who he/she is. That way he has most of the month to complete his challenge and report back. I think that last month, guys were waiting to complete their own challenge b4 they made the challenge to the next guy, in that case it just takes one person to stop the whole process. No by all means, challenge the person asap.

just my 2 cents.

Rob

OK, where do we actually announce the challenge to the person we're supposed to be challenging?  For instance, I'm supposed to challenge CJbasswhacker, but where do I do it?

KenDammit28,

You just gotta PM the person that are going to challenge.

Keithscatch,

Still waiting for my challenge.   ;D  haha, no rush, no rush, can't get out til next week sometime anyway I don't think...  ;)

Colin

Guest bigtex

What happens if you get skipped or maybe overlooked?  Do we PM them or do we need to leave it up to you LBH.  I haven't been challenged yet and was wondering what to do?  It has been over a week I think.

PM the person and let them know you are ready.  This should help move it along.

There will be some people that will be waiting and will never be challenged because the challenger is MIA at the moment or whatever.  

This will be another "growing pain" along the way.  Perhaps if someone hasn't been challenged and has not gotten a reply from PM's, You could shoot a PM to a mod and one of us will challenge you?  How's that sound?

One more thanks to all the guys that are stepping up and getting these questions answered and who are helping iron this thing out.  

Great job!!!

I guess my question on this matter is, when you have completed a challenge from the person on the list before you, does that person challenge you again, or do you get your next challenge from someone different? Also, if you have completed a challenge how long before you can do another one?