Sign in to follow this  
Doghouse.

need a little help

Alot of you know i hurt my shoulder real bad and well no bass fishing. But i found that i do ok at trolling around for Hybrids and i'm doing ok catching 2 or 3 per trip. The fish are in 10 to 20 feet of water but suspending at 10 to 12 water temp is mid 80's and no live bait around so shiners are out. Any help would be great. I have never done any freash water trolling but the fish i have been catching have come on rattle trap baits

I would say the rattle traps are a great choice, as well as a crankbait that will get to that depth when trolling.

Guest ouachitabassangler

Ever try an umbrella rig? The store-bought rigs around here allow 4 baits. Instead of using live shiners, tie on 4 swim baits. No bass can turn it down. Troll 1-1.5 mph. If you need it to swim deeper use a diving planer board or attach a 2-6 oz sinker ahead of it. Weight according to depth requirement. If you can't find one locally, buy one from http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.TextId?hvarTextId=75802&hvarTarget=search&cmCat=SearchResults

or make your own. Make a simple plaster mold with a sinker hole in the middle. Lay two spring steel arms in a cross, solder together, splice on a line tie, then place soldered joint inside the sinker hole with line tie sticking above. Pour in molten lead. The locally made version has a line eye twisted at each arm end for 4 swivels to hold 4 swim baits. You don't cast it. Let it out behind the boat. Great for stripers and wipers if you use 6" soft swim baits, but largemouths love it too.

Gear up expecting up to 4 fish hooked at a time. I can't imagine using all of that Chesapeake version's bait positions!

Jim