Sign in to follow this  
airborne_angler

Fan Casting works

Well the other day I became a firm believer in fan casting. Never really tried it before,normally I would just place random casts here and there. I now understand how fan casting a crankbait can cover water and cover the strike zone. If you can imagine it ,fan casting can actually overlap and be very productive

Point in case:

Went out the other day and decided to fish a Tiny little 1/8 oz crankbait made by Strike King. Was fan casting and started on my left,first cast parralled the bank. Got to about the 10 o clock position and got a strike. Set the hook and ended up with a Bluegill. What do you expect from such a small bait? Next cast was back where I left off,at the 10 o clock position. Right as my bait hit the water got another fish. This time it was a Shellcracker(Redear Sunfish). Oh by the way I heard someone here talk about how Shellcrackers wont take lures...Well im now a firm believer that they will. Anyway back to the topic. After catching that Shellcracker I started back at the 10 o clock but after that I didnt get anything. Maybe I was attempting to cast too far,or throwing that tiny bait too hard and putting to much effort in the cast,but by the end of the day I was just wore out!!! But the fan cast does work and does produce fish...even if the fish I caught werent Bass