Sign in to follow this  
j-bass

Idea for the member challenge

This is mainly for LBH, but is meant for eveyone to see.  The challenges have been going pretty good so far; however, there have been some folks who have claimed to have never been challenged.  Also, from personal experince, its seems that is sometimes takes weeks for your challenge to come though, even after someone has signed up after you.  This could be problematic in several respects:  1) people work, and cannot always find ample time to go fishing.  2) weather fluctuates (and so do water levels).......the more time to work around these factors the better.  Look, the rule is that you challenge the person before you, so by the time you sign up, you already have someone to challenge.  So far, there is a post for sign ups and for results, but the challenges themselves have been stricltly PM based.  By creating a post for challenges, it would allow the moderator (LBH, sorry to hint at extra responsibilities) to keep tabs of who wasnt challenging.  Maybe if there was a 2-5 day limit to when you could post a challenge this would ensure that everyone signing up would get their turn, and have enough time to complete it.

Just a thought.

-J

Guest avid

I'm glad to see so much interest in the challenges.  I think LBH came up with a very creative way to keep the forum lively and "personal" for everyone.  Not an easy task.  But J-Bass' point is exactly why I haven't signed up .. yet..

I'm still hurtin'.  Yes I can fish if I'm careful not to over do it but my surgery isn't untill October then there is the PT, so it will be months before I'm back on a regular fishing schedule.  

I didn't want to be challenged to do something I shouldn't be doing, or take forever to get it done, so I decided to just wait untill I could give 100%.

I now see that others are having difficulties with this for different reasons.

I know LBH appreciates constructive feedback like the way J-bass did it.  I also know he wants everyone who chooses to be able to participate and enjoy the challenge.  But these things can be more complicated than they appear to be at first.

Kudo's to Russ for all his hard work.  I'm sure the kinks will get worked out so that most people feel involved and satisfied with the process.