Sign in to follow this  
Low_Budget_Hooker

A C.A.S.T. future

This Friday, Jim Owens, President of CAST for Kids , is flying to RI to spend the weekend. We've never had any time to actually meet each other Jim also needs to go over a few things before I formally take the Northeast Director job with CAST.

I called Jim the other day and we spoke about widening the CAST realm to saltwater.

Jim did a saltwater event this yr that was a success and I, as always, have a few tricks up my sleeve as well.

I have a gentleman in RI who is building a guide refferal site. We have 9 salt water guides in RI who are going to be a part of this refferal site. The site will have a graph type chart that would look like this

Capt Russ       42 post       stripers, bluefish,scup       1-8 people

Capt Glenn       28 rampage stripers, tuna                   1-4 people

the chart will give the basics. Now the catch.

Some of these captains will be taking CAST kids out for saltwater fishing. The graph above also has more columns. At the head of one is the CAST logo and the words "CAST Capt"

This would mean they are "handicapped trained" captains. They will recieve a checkmark under the "CAST CAPT" column. A small amount of the proceeds will be donated to CAST from these captains charters also. It's a nice trade, the Captains get to use the CAST logo to advertise themselves as CAST Captains and the kids get to go saltwater fishing and the program will recieve a small monetary donation from the proceeds of the CAST Captain charters.

A win/win/win situation. Saltwater CAST comes to RI

Also, this is an idea I havn't brought out yet as I need a little help with contacts.

Next spring, if we still have soldiers overseas, I would like to do a military CAST for Kids event aimed at military kids who's dads have been away. I think this could be a good thing for a number of obvious reasons.

If anyone knows which dept of the military I could contact, I need to know the names of RI/Mass soldiers that have kids between 5 and 16.

Guest the_muddy_man

You are a great example of YOU CANT KEEP WHAT YOU HAVE UNLESS YOU GIVE IT AWAY

Keep it movin  Dominick

Next spring, if we still have soldiers overseas, I would like to do a military CAST for Kids event aimed at military kids who's dads have been away. I think this could be a good thing for a number of obvious reasons.

If anyone knows which dept of the military I could contact, I need to know the names of RI/Mass soldiers that have kids between 5 and 16.

Any military folk that could help me out here?  Which office/dept would I contact? Any suggestions of particular groups to target?

Thanks in advance.

MUDDY- Look who's talking, once you guys get a date nailed for your event, you're gonna be like the Tazmanian Devil, I can already tell!

:)

Russ this is a little off topic but oh well,

A couple weeks ago I had went to the CAST site and put in that I would like to volunteer with my contact info and all of that nonsense, and I have yet to hear from someone.  I just thought it would be something fun to do and also keep some of my free time occupied.  Do you know anyone that I could contact personally in regards to volunteering or is my best bet just going thru the website again.  Thanks in advance.

Corey

NAVAL STATION NEWPORT

PUBLIC AFFAIRS OFFICE

690 PEARY STREET

NEWPORT, RI 02841

TELEPHONE: (401) 841-3538

EMAIL: pao@nsnpt.navy.mil

http://www.nsnpt.navy.mil/departments/chapel.htm

Russ,

The last link is to the chaplains office, they will have the numbers to put you intouch with the right people.    

Matt.

Any time the Navy gives the wives the run around, the wives went to the chaplain, he seems to have keys to everyones office and can get any info that is possible.

I know that your program and idea is for Casting for Military Kids and they will be more than happy to hook you up with the right people.

The last thing navy wives thought of Chaplains was religion.     Chaplains are go to guys to get answers, and your program will be a bright spot in their day.

Matt.