Sign in to follow this  
Bass XL

Magizine

All right heres the deal:

my bassmaster magizine membership has just ran out..so i was searching for a renual paper.... well i found one and then i found a new membership paper.....to renue my existing account it costs 25$ and comes with a hat,line, and a lure (i think)...well to get a new member ship, it costs 15$ and comes with a tackel bag... so i guess i'm wondering why does the renual cost more than a new membership?....and can i just get the new membership with the same name?......thanks alot

I had this same problem and opted to stop my bass magazine subscription.  About 2 months afterwards, I recieved a new bass membership offer in the mail, accepted, and I am in the system again.  The renewals is where they get you.

so i guess i'm wondering why does the renual cost more than a new membership?...

They dangle a low price for new members hoping to lure them in and hope they stay around for lots of $25 renewals. Somewhat analagous to the razors and blades marketing practices. Gillette (and others) will sell you a razor dirt cheap so you'll keep using it and buying hellishly expensive replacement cartridges.