Sign in to follow this  
Millerman

Solunar tables and bass activity?

Do you guys beleive in the th esolunar Tables as far as bass activity or peak game periods?

I know that there have been tourney days that we caught most of fish from say 10-noon.  When returning to weigh in and talking with other anglers they same the same thing.  when we get back home and check the table, sure enough, that was close to a peak game time.

It never fails that If I check the table before hand, it never works thoguh!

what are your thoughts?

First, welcome to the forum Millerman,

My rule is fish when you can, if I waited for the times and weather to work out for me, I wouldn't get to go out much.   In Texas, we can have four seasons rolled into one weekend some months.

The times that I am interested in would be in moon reference as to when, if conditions are right, when the first full wave of spawners would normally show up with the full moon.

Matt.

I havent got much into it before..........but I was in fishing club the other day and my teacher was telling us that he lives by it............he got pretty deep into it I dont have the time or memory right now to restate what he said but he sounded pretty sincere...........I havent really took notice.....but Im going to more often................Heres my therory on  bassmaster magazine tables..........ok im a young angler and im still wet behind the ears......but here is my theory...........I see it like this....I understand that they base it on the moon phase and distance and what not.............and they say some days will be the best of the month and others will be horrible......but heres how I see it.......for example you cant just say "O look thursdays supposed to be the best day of the month lets go fish".......You have to take into consideration the weather...............It could be posted as the best day of the month but if a huge cold front were to have came in the day before it would totally throw off the fishing......and when they say "o its gonna be the worst day of the month"...........you cant allways go by that either..........say theres a cold front on its way and the fish become more active in that period before the front comes.........you cant just look at the chart and plan your trip...........take in consideration the weather around you............once agian this is just a theory I havent really tested but seems to make sence to me..........and please correct me if im wrong I wanna learn thats why im here and I wana see your guys thoughts on this..........................sorry for the spelling and bad gramar I had to rush threw this....I got Exams tomorow

Thanks,

O.C

I sure do.. I don't plain when I fish or not by them but I do try to frame my day around it. If the activity level is going to be high I try to be in areas that I might produce larger fish.

I know it works for hunting.  The last 4 yrs. we have been looking at the charts for when the elk will most likely be active during the day.  We have taken our elk during that time period every year, on whatever day it is.   Now, we still hunt all day long, but the elk suddenly materialize during that excellent or good time period of the day.