Sign in to follow this  
booneangler

Luhr Jensen Speed Trap

Just wondering if anyone fishes these little crank baits and if so how do you like them? I bought one the other day in a 1/4 ounce size but have not got to fish it yet. Just wanting some info on them.

They are GREAT little cranks!!!  Sometimes the smaller ones are a pain to keep tuned, but they flat out catch fish.  

these are great cranks.they have good colors and action, they also deflect off cover better than alot of other cranks on the market.they are a very erratic crankbait.i love em'

The 1/8oz Speed Trap is in the minority, while the 1/4oz bait is the most widely thrown. The Speed Trap is one of the top 5 cold water crankbaits you can throw. It is a staple in pros' tackle boxes, and has surfaced several times during 'A Day on the Lake' articles in Bassmaster magazine by non-sponsored pros. This means a lot to me in bait selection...the day on the lake articles represent bragging rights, and you see the pros digging for the bait that will get it done versus a sponsor's bait. Mike Iaconelli catching hogs on the L/C Pointer 100 during his lake trip comes to mind. He isn't sponsored by Lucky Craft.

One of my favorite baits!  I started fishing it last year and now have a 3700 box dedicated solely to Speed Traps.  Jeff Coble once said that the only plastic crankbait he ever throws is a Speed Trap.  That did it for me.

Here's another vote for Speed Traps. However, Jeff Coble notwithstanding, there are many other good plastic cranks as far as I'm concerned.