Sign in to follow this  
blackrose55x

Help!! Clear pond, very deep, big fish, no catch..

I have found this pond called Quarry Pond that used to be an old rock quarry many years ago. The water is very, very clear and you can see large mouth bass that would go atleast 5 lbs. on a daily basis, along with several others that i would be very pleased to catch. Another thing about the pond is that it is not that, like I said before it used to be a rock quarry, therefore it is extremely deep. It literally goes straight down with walls of layered rocks completely surrounding it. Also, I am not sure if anyone is alowed to put a boat out on it, because there are no boat ramps and there is nothing about boating anywhere around it. Therefore, one must fish it from the bank. It is a public pond that is right next to a small college, but there is hardly ever anyone fishing it because of its level of difficulty!!! So please anyone with any suggestions about how to fish this pond, what lures to use, what colors to use, or any helpful comments please let me know.