Sign in to follow this  
c17Lat

bass insider not worth it

I tried bass insider for the thirty day trial, and it's definitely not worth the extra money. I really got it because I wanted it to see elite series video that i missed on tv. but earlier in the summer it took them SEVERAL WEEKS to add elite series video that had already aired. Also you can only watch the videos on a tiny screen (can't expand it). I really think they should have way more video tips too, and they're all old and  they rarely add new ones. I also wanted insider because i wanted to see 2006 elites series video, which they dont. They do actually have some 2006 video, but they are all short clips. THe 2006 kentucky lake one has a few 20 second clips. one is of KVD telling kevin worth to talk some smack. some people might want to see this but why not just have the entire episode available?!?! Also, they only have short clips of only some of the 2006 elite series... oneida, kentucky lake, sam rayburn etc... but the only one that I really wanted to see was the Potomac River, and they have no clips of that.

There's a lot of little annoying stuff that makes me mad about the free bassmaster website too. but i'm just going to mention one. you can view this years hooked up videos, which I like. they've got nine videos available to watch right now. but i really wanted to see the potomac one cuz i missed it. so after they add the videos in order after each tournament, i'm expecting them to add the potomac river one. but of course for some unkown reason, they don't add that hooked up video but add the bassmaster legends one soon after that tournament iis finished. anyone else have little annoying issues with bassmaster that seem like they can be easily fixed by BASS?

I must agree with some aspects of your complaints with BASSinsider.  As a newbie basser, I thought that this being the main website for BASS, that it would be chock full of tips and techniques, how-to videos, and other useful stuff.  But, I have been somewhat disappointed with their content.  This website, "BassResource" far exceeds BASSinsider as the go-to site for any and all bassing information!!

The one thing that I can say that I like about BASSinsider is getting the magazine, which I find helpful.

I appreciate that BassResource is here, because if the info isn't in the article, or elsewhere on the site, one can always ask here at the forums and get the answers!!

I think Bass Insider is more of an advertising gimmick than actual fishing help.

I get Bassmaster Magazine so I get the articles.

This site and Bassin Magazine are so much better than Bass Insider that I will not renew my Bass Insider subscription when it comes due.

Good and timely thread.

Wife just signed me up to B.A.S.S. (she's thoughtful that way).  Got the information/welcom package over the weekend and saw the "insider" infomation and was wondering if it was any good.  Was wondering what additional info they could provide.....this answers that question.

Thanks,

Eddie

What about that new thing that is suppose to be with that insider.... I saw it somewhere it might have been in bass master mag.....It was something that you can put all your fishing info in like a online log except everyone can view them and with so much data it can tell you what bass might be doing on a certain day... Has anyone tried that out?

The on-line fishing log might be a fairly good idea, for ones own use.  But, to me, what someone else has been able to do in the past may not help on the next trip, ie.  weather pattern changes, when was the latest posting, etc. :-/

I think I would rather have a paper copy of my fishing trips to refer back to when I'm on the lake, or planning my next trip without having to log onto the computer and chase it down.  Just my opinion.

The on-line fishing log might be a fairly good idea, for ones own use.  But, to me, what someone else has been able to do in the past may not help on the next trip, ie.  weather pattern changes, when was the latest posting, etc. :-/

I think I would rather have a paper copy of my fishing trips to refer back to when I'm on the lake, or planning my next trip without having to log onto the computer and chase it down.  Just my opinion.

Well I believe it does it all for you.... If everyone's info is correct it should be a great tool... I forgot what all you can put into it as far as info but it is pretty in depth....  

Guest avid

bass insider = total crap

want a fishing log? - Go to a website called bassresource.com- all sorts of cool stuff.