Sign in to follow this  
jack1

Football Jigs

Who out there makes a good football jig?  Gonna do alot of jigging this year.  I noticed that Booyah and Strike King's got a new one out, but I want to know which brand of football jig is on top of the rest.

I like the BPS football heads with Gamakatsu hooks. Teamed up with a Yamamoto skirt and twin tail grub.

www.custombassfishinglures.com

That's all you'll need for jigs.  Great quality at a great price.  Plus GMAN is a member here so you're supporting someone from the site!!

I like Picasso jigs.  

Yes those look very nice. So what is the difference between banded and wire tie? Which one do you guys perfer?

I may be wrong, but I think a banded skirt is a small rubberband used to hold the skirt on.  A wire tie is a small piece of wire and is hand wound around the skirt, holding it to the jig.

I prefer the 1/2oz Jewel heavy cover finesse jig.

This is the jig that Mike McClelland has done a ton of damage with in the last couple of years.  Awesome jig!

www.custombassfishinglures.com

That's all you'll need for jigs. Great quality at a great price. Plus GMAN is a member here so you're supporting someone from the site!!

Just rec'd my order of football jigs yesterday from GMAN, can't wait to try them out!

So, I was checking out this site and they have some jigs that comes in wide gap hooks.  When it comes to jig, does this wide gap hook style have a slight advantage over your regular hooks?

So, I was checking out this site and they have some jigs that comes in wide gap hooks. When it comes to jig, does this wide gap hook style have a slight advantage over your regular hooks?

I'm no expert, but it seems to me that the wide gap allows for the use of a larger/thicker trailer without compromising hook setting ability.

Yes those look very nice. So what is the difference between banded and wire tie? Which one do you guys perfer?

I use the wire tie.  

It seems to me that the wire tied skirts are held tighter and do not twist around.  Also, the wire will not break as easily as a band.