Sign in to follow this  
Dixon

Screw in Bullet Weights

Does anybody use these? I saw them at Tackle Warehouse and they look really good. Seem like they would be one with the bait. Not slide everywhere.

i have used them in the past. They do stay with the worm. You can spread the spring out a little if you want it to hold better or trim some of the spring off to let it release from the bait. Don't use them anymore but they will work.

They are good for heavy cover and slop as they will not come unattached to your plastics.

However....I like to peg my weights to my plastics and not use the screw weights.

Screw weights are expensive and the normal bullet weights, pegged, work just as well for me, if not better.  :D

I use them fairly often.  Whenever a texas rigged soft plastic doesn't seem to be working I switch to this.  It is called a florida rig if I am not mistaken.

I like the tungsten screw in weights. However be careful not to screw into your Knot. Run a little more deeper into the soft plastic than usually so that your knot is deeper inside the plastic.

I like them too, but Parasite Weights are a lot better.  They don't damage the worm.