Sign in to follow this  
ghost

Tru-Tungsten & Spro BBZ-1 4" Swimbaits Question

I got the Tru-tungsten 4" swimbait & will be getting the BBZ-1 4" swimbait next week.  I am wondering what line weight & rod power/length/baitcast or spinning rod are you using for these swimbaits.

I'm finally going to have a chance to try out the Tru-tungsten 4" tomorrow & will be using 12lb P-line CXX on a 7' MH b/c rod.  Will this setup work for these swimbaits?

I got the Tru-tungsten 4" swimbait & will be getting the BBZ-1 4" swimbait next week. I am wondering what line weight & rod power/length/baitcast or spinning rod are you using for these swimbaits.

I'm finally going to have a chance to try out the Tru-tungsten 4" tomorrow & will be using 12lb P-line CXX on a 7' MH b/c rod. Will this setup work for these swimbaits?

Sounds like you are already using the right stuff.  I wouldn't really call these swimbaits.... Just think of them as jointed lipless crankbaits.  No need to buy anything fancy to throw these.  :-/

I got the Tru-tungsten 4" swimbait & will be getting the BBZ-1 4" swimbait next week. I am wondering what line weight & rod power/length/baitcast or spinning rod are you using for these swimbaits.

I'm finally going to have a chance to try out the Tru-tungsten 4" tomorrow & will be using 12lb P-line CXX on a 7' MH b/c rod. Will this setup work for these swimbaits?

I use a MH rod rated up to 1 1/4oz lures with mine. It's the fast sink/1oz one and this rods handles it well. You should be fine with what you have.

Yea i use my cranking set up with these lures.... I think you will be much more pleased with the Spro.  They are much bigger they could eat the TT.  I have both but i am much more pleased with the size and quality of the Spro.  

I am using my normal cranking setup for the TT. I talked to Ish Monroe at a expo, he is one of the pros who had a big part in making the bait and he said normal cranking setups would be fine to use  because it is really just a jointed crankbait with no lip