Sign in to follow this  
wowyo

bass and the friction of life

hello bassers,

it's official, my boat is for sale.  I took it out a grand total of 3 times this season and spent most of my time on the banks of small impoundments.

Oh, its also for sale b/c I will be relocating to a yet to be determined locale(WA, TX, or IN) just depends on several things....

Anyways, how do you seasoned anglers cope with a move in terms of fishing buds and potential boat rides??

Though my boat has served me well, it's unlikely that I'll be getting another one.  I'm rather broke now and anticipate being flat broke in about 11 months.

flat broke =  single income for two people... one is in graduate school and those bills from the loans start coming in next summer... it also means that so she can find employment a move will be a  necessity and I'll be grossing less than we'll be spending until we both secure employment.

that is flat broke.. i'm selling the boat and then the truck and getting a small car

coping with the move....

where to find people to fish with? .. where I come from Bass Club is synonomous with tournament fishing, which is something I don't do... I prefer  the "just for fun" mantra.  

Why do you need someone to fish with ?

If you are fortunate enough to find a job where ever you're going , you'll probably find someone at your new job that are bass fisherman.

What kind of boat and how much?

Somehow I can't help but think that this is the question he was looking for.

I guess I'm just a cynical old fart.  

I can't help you with the move, every time I have relocated, it was a positive thing.

As for the fishing,...that's one of the things that makes this sport so awesome.  WE'RE EVERYWHERE!!!  It's such a great way to meet people, a conversation door opener that can find 2 strangers learning that they have tons in common.  Friendships are formed and fish are caught.  

I guess I'm just a cynical old fart.  

What's to guess about....

actually, the move was something discussed the other night between the little lady and myself and it just got me in a funk.  I look forward to new opportunities and new surroundings however it hit me while I was taking a few pics of the boat for my classified and messing with some tackle that I've been fishing for 9 years(something I took a liking to my freshman year of college) and never met someone through fishing....all my fishing buds are guys I've known for quite a while.

too answer a prior post... I've fished my fair share by myself. However the past two years... have been trying to say the least.  Especially since a guy's gotta work crazy hours to keep up, but I find that I really enjoy fishing with other people.  Whether it's cracking jokes or a serious chat...  

just my two cents...  

I didn't know if there were some fishing clubs that weren't tourney oriented.