Sign in to follow this  
Seabolt

What am I doing wrong?

I fish in a reservoir outsideof Baltimore a good amount (Liberty Reservoir).  Lately I can't catch anything worth talking about.  1 or 2 fish here and there but nothing big or abundant.  Big for this lake would be 3 lbs or more with keepers being 12 inch plus.

I used to drop Senkos under wood and they would get hit on the way down, throw jigs along rip rap, ribbon tails on humps.

Lately nothing is working.  The lake is down a good 8 feet but that happened weeks ago and isn't much as the lake is deep.  So basically it's a very rocky lake with little to no grass and the ledges and shores are super drops.  5 foots from the shore and you are in over 20 feet of water on most of the lake.  Large Striped Bass and some Walleye.  

I've tried shallow, deep, fast, slow, hard baits, plactics, new places, and places were I almost always catch fish.

What am I doing wrong and what works for you all on steep drops from shore.  The confidence I used to have in this lake is long gone but even my go to baits can barely produce 2 fish a day.

Water is clear (6 - 8 foot) and temp is around 78- 80 degrees and reaches depths of 110 foot.

:'(

Maybe the fish simply moved or somewhere you haven't found?

Been having the same problems this year,can't seem to find the pattern.I find a fish here and there,but nothing really worth bragging rights.

This happens to me at every lake certain times of year.  The fish will move into a different pattern and you have to figure them out again.  Good record keeping can help out over the years.

Try new areas and new techniques (but don't stop trying your proven methods).  Write down what is working...lure, time of day, retrieve, weather, etc. and see if you can start to put together some sort of pattern after a few trips.  usually by doing this you will notice something that worked more than a couple times and you can go back out and build off that.

As the others say the fish are still there , you have got to find them and establish a pattern.

Deep cranks and large spinner-baits fished deep to start out with and possibly drop shot method.

They headed deep.

If you are fishing from shore you are limited as to how you can reach them out in the middle or in an area you cannot access from shore.

The bass will move during the day to feed, so you may catch them early in the AM or late PM when they head to shore.

You are in a situation that is difficult to overcome until there is more water in the reservoir and they start to move once again.

Good luck and be patient.  ;)

I havent got to liberty this year but last year all the success i had there was fishing deep.  We were catching bass suspended over 50 feet of water.  That is probally why they are hard to catch.  We had most of our luck on deep diving cranks over 30 to 50 feet deep.