Sign in to follow this  
pappaluu

Jeff Kriet and Kent Cella On ESPN

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was on ESPNS website

Kent is my nephew and is 13 years old

Jeff Kriet Bassmaster Elite Series pro and 5-time Classic qualifier, Jeff Kriet, donated his time and effort Saturday in Shreveport, La., during the Classic to take local angler, 13-year-old Kent Cella, bass fishing on the Red River. Cella was chosen for the trip by local bass clubs from entries received by A Dream Come True, presented by Berkley.

"It was great. Kent's a fine young angler and comes from a good family. Despite the rain and tough weather we caught somewhere between 50 and 60 bass. And, make no mistake, he caught his share. That shouldn't surprise anyone, though. He won the Junior Bassmaster Angler of the Year title in the 18-and-under age group in 2007 and 2008, and has won nine out of the 13 Junior Bassmaster tournaments he's entered.

"It was really special for me to be able to do this. He reminds me of myself at that age. All he wants to do is fish and that's all I wanted to do. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him at a future Classic as a competitor. He's that good."