Sign in to follow this  
oregondude

Open Seats

Hello Fisherman and Fisherwoman,

Not sure where to post this or if you already have a place for this subject but I'll start here and sure I'll get some advice.

I live in Oregon, I'm on a site that is almost exactly like this site. Here in the Pacific NW on that site we have a place where we can post open seats.

What that means is simply if one of us are going out fishing and we have an open seat we offer it others in the forum. Of couse these people know they should help with gas, bait etc. and that normally it's not a free ride unless the post says that.

Now down to my question. My son is finishing up College in Orlando this year and I'm flying down probably from May 16th to the 24th of May. I'm thinking about hiring a guide to fish for tarpon down around Islandmardo I believe. Any suggestions would be great about that.

But my purpose of this post is there a place on this site that offers open seats? While there in Orlando or surronding area we would love to go out and do some other types of fishing, bass, saltwater, whatever. Of course I would help out with bait fuel whatever. I will have no gear however.

If anyone can help me or guide me in the right direction I'd sure appreciate it.

I see this forum like ours asks for people to say a few words about them. So even though this is kind of a one week shot I will share this with all. My family is 3rd generation Marines. My dad, myself, and both my sons. I test drive new proto type trucks for Freightliner I have a custom built Jet boat and do alot of fishing for salmon, trout, steelhead, sturgeon here in NW. I've towed my boat clear across the US and spent two years with one of my sons in Virgina Beach while he was stationed at the Marine Intellgence Center and we fished for stripers, and flouders etc in Chesapeake Bay. But my greatest claim to fame would be that I was a single father. Raised both my boys on my own since they were 5 and 6 now they are 27 and 28. I've been blessed. Not only are we father and sons but best friends. So that's a bit about me. Hate standing on a soap box if you will but I know it helps if people know something about you if there going to ask you on their boat. By the way we don't smoke, not really into drinking just like to enjoy the water, the competion my son and me have while fishing and enjoying other good people. If any of this resonates with anyone or like I mentioned you can guide me to the right place I know time is short but I most certainly would appreciate it. Thank you.

ps. I've attached a pic of me, my boat and a steelhead I caught up on the John Day River.

post-20354-130163011833_thumb.jpg

I'm not from FL so I can't help you there, but you may want to post this in the Southeast Bass section of this forum as well.  Also if you look at one of the stickies at the top of the board, called Fishing Members Map or something along those lines, it might be of help to you.

I cant help you in Orlando, but if you are ever in Quebec Canada I would be happy to bring you fishing. I think the service you & your family  have given has made North America a better place to be.

Thank You

Same here im in NC. However if ya ever fish around this are a shoot a pm, as stated before ya may want to check the Member location map, and or post in the South East Section Below the General Form.

Welcome though and hope ya find someone with an open seat :)