Sign in to follow this  
memphismike

new to lake fishing

whats up peeps....my name is mike ..i live in nashville tn.and been fishing for several years just not on the lakes..cause my canoe is not lake worthy ...lol i really want to learn to fish for bass on the lake and learn the electronics ..just lookin for someone who wouldnt mind bringing me along for a lake adventure...thanks

greetings memphis Mike. If you have not done so already, shoot out an intro in the intro section.

As to your lake fishing question, on top of the request you put out there, throw out some questions on the board here. You will find folks are very willing and able to help you out and give you plenty of info. They have certainly done that for me.

I suggest picking an area and learn it. Much easier than running up and down a lake not knowing when and where to wet a line.

Map study and lots of it. It will lead you to an area that will produce.

You stated the type of water you have been fishing. Probably the upper ends of a lake to begin with would allow you to fish to your strengths.

Good luck

Jack

Welcome mike, I'm just south of you a bit. If you want some fun lake fishing, find some time to make your way to Lake Guntersville, there are a few nice bass in that lake!

I suggest picking an area and learn it. Much easier than running up and down a lake not knowing when and where to wet a line.

Map study and lots of it. It will lead you to an area that will produce.

You stated the type of water you have been fishing. Probably the upper ends of a lake to begin with would allow you to fish to your strengths.

Good luck

Jack

Ditto to what fishfordollars has. I have been learning my home lake and started from my launch and have worked my way down the shoreline, through the middle areas over the last year. I have not gotten anywhere near what I would consider a good chunk of the lakem it is huge (for this area). However I have found some good holes, a few of which nobody hits.