Sign in to follow this  
Clark Stewart

How would you fish this lake?

I'm probably going to fish this lake this week - got an invite from course superintendent. It's a public golf course but a very private lake so it gets little to no fishing pressure. I've fished it several times over the past 2 years from the bank only (not for fishing so no boats allowed obviously)

In the past we usually only had luck with senkos, shaky head worms, or larger worms of differing varieties. I've caught a 4 pound bass on a texas rigged 7 inch monster senko with a 5/0 hook. I lost at least an 8lb bass by trying to lift it up onto the cart bridge (stupid i know) because i couldn't lay down and reach her. Needless to say there are monsters here (there's a 13.5lb on the wall of the office). It's not uncommon to catch a 6lb bass here.

That being said I wonder how you guys would approach this lake this week. There's got to be other effective lures, and I'm in that zone where I can't decide what to throw and it's debilitating to a degree. We only get to go out after the last golfers leave, and usually only get to stay till around 9pm at the latest. The water is stained with visibility about 2 feet or so. Never seen any fish other than bass and i can't recall ever seeing minnows but this is the healthiest lake i've ever fished due to sheer numbers (average bass is 1.5 to 2 pounds)

We generally stick to that area of the attached map where the cart path cuts across the water in 2 places - fishing that point. Also directly across the lake is good too. There are weeds near shore, relatively clean bottom, and off that first hole the water is at least 16 feet deep. We threw one of those zebco castable depth finders. Probably close to 20-25 feet or so in the very middle where no one could ever reach.

attached is the map and a weather forecast for this week.

What would you do?

do a search in google or live search maps for: silver lakes golf course, alabama

id throw a weightless superfluke in maybe a bass or minnow color. didnt get a chance to google the map so maybe if im bored ill check it out. with big fish in there like 8lbers and such id also throw some big jigs as well as the famous spinnerbait and possible some swim baits. i did catch my pb on the superfluke jr which is about 3 inches at most as well as a senko. having a limited time to fish also hurts considering thats yoiur gonna be speed fishing. haha. with the weather forecast i dont know what stages you are in considering im a northern boy. well let me see some pics of that slampigs when u get them!

t

Since there is no fishing pressure i would figure they would bite anything! I use to fish a private lake in NC and i could basically throw a jig head with no plastic on it and nail em!