Sign in to follow this  
HAMMER23

uncharted territory

I really just want some opinions. I fish a 60 acre private lake that,use to be a old sand pit some 20 plus years ago, since then it has been stocked and is loaded with bass. The lake has every type of structure you could imagine. The lake is absolutely stacked with heavy timber in the deepest part of the lake, I am talking 20 plus feet of standing timber. The fishing is so good just along the bank that no one ever ventures into the timber, it is virgin territory and never gets fished. Once the spawn is over and everything heats up I know this place is probably a treasure trove of fish. Taking into cosideration the water is absolutely crystal clear I just wanted a few opinions on how to fish the timber and what to start with. Not so much baits but maybe different techniques. Any info would be greatly appreciated !!!

Sounds like you know where to fish; try searching on the site for clear water/deep cover/etc.....

Maybe Fluke or someone that fishes open water can give you some 'can't miss baits' to try first.

I would first try to slow roll a spinner bait in shad patterns. Also, definitely drop shot em too! GOOD LUCK