Sign in to follow this  
baer108

wading the susquehanna

I went out this afternoon wading a portion of the susquehanna with my girlfriend and best friend from home.  She had never been fishing before let alone caught a fish.  I was reluctant to do this but on the way there i stopped at bass pro at the live bait vending machine and picked up a package of hellgramites to be sure that she would catch a fish.  We waded out to the spot and she caught the first fish, not a smallie but a catfish, which she was pretty excited to catch something.  She ended up reeling in a good sized smallie, and she broke off what i think was a pretty darn good pig.  My buddy caught some on a pumpkin chigger craw, and i got some awesome jumpin head shakin smallie action on a 4'' wacky rigged watermelon black flake senko...  I'm too afraid to take a camera out there because wading around on the rocks are very slippery, and I am freakin clumsy as is.  But needless to say the memories will last longer than any photo would anyway.  Another great day of fishing with friends.

good fishing to all

Sounds fun :)! I havn't got to fish the susquehannah yet. I mostly fish the juniata. I was wading there saturday and caught 3 smallies on a paddle tail worm that was also watermelon black flake.