Sign in to follow this  
justfishin

Susquehanna River Conditions.

http://newweb.erh.noaa.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=ctp&gage=HARP1             I thought maybe some of you younger guys whom bought a jetdrive could use this site. NOAA has river conditions for a lot of rivers in any part of the country. This is the one I go by for the Susky. You have to learn the river to decipher what this means for other areas. For instance, if its 4.50 in Harrisburg you can pretty much run at Duncannon or Clemson Island without any problems. You still have to learn how to run certain areas. My optimum river height is between 5.5 and 6 foot as it pushes them on the banks to the eddies. If you are new to the river I would not advise going there if it is under 4' or over 6' for your first few trips, Go with someone whom knows this river, it can hurt you and your boat. I run it at 10, but....... Kind of a rule of thumb, but not always is, river on the rise, fish the eddies on the bank. On the fall, fish the islands. This is just a base line though. Water temp, how fast its rising and other variables you have to learn on your own.---Just trying to help. WEAR A LIFE JACKET WHEN THE GAS MOTOR IS RUNNING AND KEEP YOUR KILL SWITCH HOOKED UP AT ALL TIMES !!!