Sign in to follow this  
Del from philly

River fishing getting good! Picking up everywhere?

The schukill river, where i go, in Trooper is getting crazy!!

DOES ANYONE ELSE FISH THE SCHUKILL???

(I actually go where everybody says is a waste of time, they say to go to pawlings road in phoenixville),

Where i go is very shallow, but every now and then a cast will reach the channell....i just re-upped on my good line, i was actually stuck using that crappy iron-silk line so i will be casting much further....

the 6 pound test i usually use is getting tough to use in the river,.....i use a very light rod, and yesterday was the second time in 2 days where that baby almost snapped....

TO ALL MY RIVER FISHERS, IS THE FISHING PICKING UP FOR YOU GUYS RIGHT NOW? It seems like from 5-6 the fishing just gets reaL GOOD..... a real aggressive bite...

They attack the bait everytime it goes out.....but once you get 1 or 2 in , they slow down...

2 days ago the KUT TAIL worm was catching them like crazy......i fished the Kreature weightless yesterday...and they were hitting it so hard i lost a new bodypart on the thing every time.....

funny thign was, i only had one yamamoto kreature left so i just flipped it upside down,,,,caught more....fished it with only 1 leg, ad caught another./.....

the total outing i probably missed 4 fish, brought in 2, one was just under 2 pounds....other was under a lb....THE BEST PART WAS, ALL THIS IN UNDER AN HOUR OF FISHING

So my question is:

Is the river fishign always this good? or is it just picking up because its near the end of the season???

Does anyone else fish the delaware, or the schukill and noticed the fishing has picked up?

IM GETTING COMPLETELY ADDICTED TO RIVER SMALLMOUTH FISHING!!!

I HAVNT BEEN TO A LAKE IN WEEKS!!!