Sign in to follow this  
airborne_angler

Anyone ever used a Trout CZ or other line through swimbait?

I recently purchased a Trout CZ swimbait on Ebay. Rigging shouldnt be any trouble.

Run the line throught the nose,it will exit just behing the gills in the belly. This is where it gets a little thought provoking.

I need to tie on a treble hook,but where do I stick it into the body of the bait? The bait is about 7 inches long. Do I stuck the trable hook right where the line exits(near the head) or do I run the line a little further back and maybe stick the hook more towards the rear of the bait,maybe a happy compromise of putting it in the center?

Ive never caught anything on a larger swimbait,so Im not sure exactly where the strike takes place. Do the fish typically strike from the rear,side,front?

007-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

you want the hook eye to almost touch the tube where it comes out the belly.

Bass take big baitfish head first

Wow,Now thats what I call a quick response.

FOURBIZZ-Have you ever fished a Trout CZ (or know anyone that has) with success?

Yeah, they are decent baits. But for the price, there is nor reason not to use the huddleston if you want a wedge tail bait, or a Rising Son if you want a line through style. Ive never got a big fish on the CZ, I dont know many who have, because they are a very garagey bait.

They get torn up fairly easy.

bizz already said it, but to add: I have heard that bass use eyes as targets for their strikes. If you think about it, it would be much easier for a bass to keep a baitfish in its mouth if it could get the head as opposed to the tail.

The reason that they swallow large baitfish headfirst has to do with digestion.

Think about the direction of the bones on a fishes rib cage and fins. Then think about way you would want them traveling through your bowels ;D