Sign in to follow this  
The_Natural

New H20 1.5 Colors

I strolled in Academy to find some new colors of H20 baits. If you aren't familiar....they are almost identical to the Lucky Craft RC 1.5's (etched scales...sharp asss hooks and everything). I stock RC's and H20's...sometimes I want that deep knocker rattle (H20), and sometimes I want a silent bait. Anyway....here are the new colors. The top bait is called 'sexy melon'. The top is actually a dark melon with some red flakes mixed in....and of course a chartreuse lateral line. Also...they finally made a ghost minnow (one of my favorite colors). Best of all.....they duplicated one of the best colors of all time, Bill Norman's 'Slick'. I say Bill Norman because they have been making that color for a long time. Slick is the second from the top. I somehow found it easy to spend $120 on $3.70 baits.

IMG_0745.jpg

H20 also knocked off the Spro Aruku Shad. It is apparent they have identical shapes and rattle chambers. I'll get some pics up tomorrow. If you don't live close to an Academy....I'm sorry :-X

Hey Natural.  I just bought my first H2O baits on Wednesday.  They are sick!  I finally was able to get out to an Academy and see them for myself.  I bought some of the big deep divers, medium divers, and some crankin shads.  I couldn't believe the paint jobs on the RC knock-offs.  Unfortunately, that real good shallow crank bite is slowing down here in Georgia but I will definitely be giving them a try next Spring.

I didn't see the Aruku knock-off while I was there.  The only lipless vibe I saw looked alot like the LC Vibe-500 or whatever it's called.  DO you know if the H2O is weighted in the nose like the Aruku?

Ha!!!!! I killed you I found went into Academy to replace my P-line and noticed those and spent about 200 on just H2O stuff.  That sexy melon color is pretty cool looking.

The H2O baits are turning out to be the best deal going in crankbaits. The deep diver (CRD) looks a lot like the LC CBD-20 but it is bigger by a little bit and has a slightly wider wobble.

I still switch out all the hooks but thats just a personal preference/confidence thing because the stock hooks seem plenty sharp. The paint seems to hold up fairly well on these baits also.

I did buy some CRM's that I couldnt get tuned to save my life but all the others I've bought have needed very minimal, if any tuning to get a true run.

Hey Natural. I just bought my first H2O baits on Wednesday. They are sick! I finally was able to get out to an Academy and see them for myself. I bought some of the big deep divers, medium divers, and some crankin shads. I couldn't believe the paint jobs on the RC knock-offs. Unfortunately, that real good shallow crank bite is slowing down here in Georgia but I will definitely be giving them a try next Spring.

I didn't see the Aruku knock-off while I was there. The only lipless vibe I saw looked alot like the LC Vibe-500 or whatever it's called. DO you know if the H2O is weighted in the nose like the Aruku?

I'll give a side-by-side pic of the two baits in ghost minnow later.  And...shallow crank bite waning?!  Blasphemy!