Sign in to follow this  
shakyhead

Smith Mtn Lake Help

hello

i have a club tourney the weekend of easter and have never fished there this time of year. i am assuming based on watching the elites there the past two years that it will be a bed fishing deal. im not much on bed fishing and was wondering if anybody has success otherwise in the main lake area. i will bed fish if i find some but with a 3 hour drive and 1/2 day of practice im hoping to find some staging areas. just wondering about this time of year, thanks for your time

There will be bass in all stages of the spawn at that time! I don't fish beds and do well all spring so you should able to find some willing fish.

there are plenty of points in the lake, and many of them will treat you well. like vapredhunter said, the bass will be in all stages there. dont sell yourself short by just focusing on beds and site fishing, just think of it as another option you will have to target the bass. docks are also one of the main producers on SML, and there are bunch of them...