Sign in to follow this  
MNGeorge

Keel Weighted Hooks

With all the recent talk about the keel weighted hook being such a good way to present various soft plastics, I was wondering if anyone has tried a tube on a keel weighted hook.

It certainly would have a different drop action than an internal weight or pegged worm weight. I plan to definitely give it a whirl when our Bass season finally opens Memorial Day weekend and I will report my results...just would like to hear if anyone else has tried it already and what their results were.

No George it don't work, it definitely doesn't work on largemouth in pads, and certainly won't work on the smallies when they are hanging in the wood on your favorite river :D

No George it don't work, it definitely doesn't work on largemouth in pads, and certainly won't work on the smallies when they are hanging in the wood on your favorite river :D

I agree that they just won't catch fish!!! Now I have a boat that I can sell you on the bottom of my lake!!!! :lol::):D:rolleyes:

Edited by eyedabassman

Lake Fork Hyper Worm with a keel weighted hook has some nice action as well. Instead of riggng it with the tail in line with the hook, rig it sideways so the tail is flat and the tail will still work, as well as making it shimmy flat on the fall. Works with both big and small worms with a 1/4 oz hook.

IMO a keel weighted hook is to provide as natural a profile to a lure as is possible as it is traveling through the water, whether on the fall or the retrieve. Since the tube has the same profile on all sides it would seem to me that keel weighting would be useless. That said, give it a try and let us know if it works. :)