Sign in to follow this  
Dock Master

Painting Chrome Tungsten Weights

I saw the new tungsten weights on ***'s website and it said the bullet weights were all chrome.  My question is could you paint the weights a different color like black or brown so you don't have to pay extra for already colored weights?  If so please include what type of paint would be best for doing this.

I've never tried it on tungsten but works great on lead but I don't see why you wouldn't be able to paint it using powder paint.

What is powder paint?

I heard it doesn't work that well on tungsten but it can't hurt to try.

Powder Paint is like it's name.  It is paint that is in a powder form.  Used for painting lead such as ballheads, football heads, shakey heads, ect.  You heat the lead on the jig.  Then dip it into the powder paint.  The heat of the lead melts the paint resulting in a painted jig head.  You can then place the painted jigs into the oven to cure the finish.  This makes the jig so the paint will not chip.  If your going to bake your jigs be sure to remove the excess paint out of all the eyelets first.  Powder paint comes in a lot of colors and you can even add flake.