Sign in to follow this  
c17Lat

Flw Tour Coangler

I'm fishing the Potomac River FLW Tour event as a coangler (starts next week)

This is my first BIG tournament, and I'm a local her and off work/school all during the practice from next monday-wednesday.

I remember reading somewhere that some coanglers would just sit by the launch ramp in the morning and ask pros if they want a nonboater to practice with for the day. I'm considering doing that since I have no boat. Any other ideas for how to practice with some of these tour guys next week?

Anyone else fish the tour as a co-angler?

Sorry I didn't get to your post sooner. I have fished several FLW events as a co-angler, and often I have waited at the lauch ramp to get a ride. Pretty comnmon deal. About 1/2 of those who are fishing solo will allow you to go with them. Always offer to back their rig, offer to pay for practice gas, don't bring a ton of gear, and generally look intelligent while waiting. (Now, I never did master this last requirement!) Anyway, you might actually learn more in practice than you do in the tournament. Be careful this year to read the rules! Co's cannot provide any fishing location help to the pro's. Good luck and cash a check!