Sign in to follow this  
Captin Obvious

B & R Outlaw Rods

I have. I used the 7'medium heavy rod. I really didn't like the rod. It's not too heavy, but it feels uncomfortable fishing that rod. The handle felt too short so I couldn't get a long cast. The one thing that I found the rod exceled at was spinnerbait fishing. It had a nice tip to it for spinnerbaits, but I already have a spinnerbait rod, my GLoomis SBR812 rod. Another thing regarding cosmetics was that the guides weren't even aligned properly. I used to wrap custom rods, and I can tell the workmanship of this rod is not good. Well it's just my opinion anyways, hope it helps you in your decision making.

I have. I used the 7'medium heavy rod. I really didn't like the rod. It's not too heavy, but it feels uncomfortable fishing that rod. The handle felt too short so I couldn't get a long cast. The one thing that I found the rod exceled at was spinnerbait fishing. It had a nice tip to it for spinnerbaits, but I already have a spinnerbait rod, my GLoomis SBR812 rod. Another thing regarding cosmetics was that the guides weren't even aligned properly. I used to wrap custom rods, and I can tell the workmanship of this rod is not good. Well it's just my opinion anyways, hope it helps you in your decision making.

Thanks man I was afraid of that it seems that when rod makers try to something of high value for a good price craftsmanship always seems to suffer.

I'm not talking about some name brand stuff but just in general.

Capt.O

yea...it's best you stick with something else. I would suggest a used shimano cumara for around that price range. Look for it in our flea market, or hop on a powell, dobyns or pinnacle rod.