Sign in to follow this  
Vinny Chase

IM STUCK!!!

i just purchased two bags of the 4" grubs (shown below). i texas rigged it and threw it a few times but it had no action. Can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong? Or how exactly you fish this bait?

Thanks

http://images.cabelas.com/is/image/cabelas/s7_121236_renderset_01?$main-Medium$

There really isn't alot of action to them. The flaps on the sides will flare a bit and the tail will swim slightly. To impart a little more action into them you can split the tail in the middle.

You've done right T-Rigging them, you can also Carolina rig, slide them on a jig or any other way you see fit to rig them. Maybe even try wacky rigging 'em, never tried it before but hey, it might have some sweet action that bass can't resist. :D

yea not much to them, just make sure you separate the legs, that's all i can think of.  Theyre supposed to remain pretty compact for easy flippin in heavy stuff

Don't worry about the lack of action. The ribs of the lure will push enough what to key the fish on where it is. The lure itself will come across as very natural because it possesses subtle movements that are more like the real thing.

Mottfia

what size hook should i use? and right now i am using a bullet weight is that good?

3/O or 4/O and yeah bullet weights are great. Size will depend on the situation at hand, I have found success flipping them around laydowns also doing some sight fishing at my pond