Sign in to follow this  
BassAssassin85

Need Help 1988 Merc Xr2 On 1988 Ebtide

Hi i recentley bought a 88 ebtide with a 88 merc xr2. I know the boat runs i was in it last year and can get it to turn over using jumper cables and a battery. when i run the volt meter i have power at the starter solenoid so conection from battery to motor are good. on the other hand when i turn key i get absolutely nothing. i replaced the ignition switch today and still nothing if anyone can give me any helpful advice i would appreciate it thanks.

yes i replaced the starter solenoid as well you can turn the motor over by jumping it from the battery and cables to terminals. idk what the deal is.

there is a inline fuse on that motor some place I think its on the starboard side i know if it blows the starter wont engage

Check the wires leading to the solenoid for rot. Also verify that the wires are hooked up properly.

well come to find out its an 86 ebtide dynatrak with a 87 merc 150 xr2 sorry if this makes things different. finally lost my patience working on it in the high 90 degree temp and took it to the local marina. thanks for all that have given me suggestions.