Sign in to follow this  
St James

Pond Fishing In Va

I'm lucky enough to have a privately owned pond within a couple hundred yards of my house so I go fishing their quite a lot. Today was a fairly good day and I ended up catching ten 1/4 pound being the smallest and 1 1/4 pounder being the biggest. I caught two on a white booyah spinner-bait which I was not confident in and was a nice surprise. Two more were caught on texas rigged 7" berkley power worms (red shad) which is the go-to bait in this pond. The rest were caught on a texas or wacky rigged junebug yum dingers. Nice day but If you have any input on how I could get some bigger bass out of this pond that would be appreciated since I have only caught 5 fish over 2 lbs out of the 500 or so bass I've caught there, biggest being 4 1/2 pounds. If your in the mechanicsville area I'd be happy to let you try out the pond.

Throw some jigs and crank baits out there and top water usually will produce more quality fish

Sounds like a fun day for sure! WTG

Big O

www.ragetail.com

throw a buzzbait parallel to the shoreline at night. Cover the whole pond. Do this on a warm night. This should get you some bigger bites. You most likley have an over population, and that is causing the fish to stop growing. If this is the case you will need to remove some bass so the others can grow bigger.