Sign in to follow this  
Jones508

Squam Lake, Nh

Were going to be fishing Squam for 3 days the last week of June as a little getaway from the city. My first time there. Anybody have knowledge of that lake? Any tidbits you could pass on? It's pretty big but we have a boat so anywhere on the lake is good. Wouldn't mind targeting some smallies while I'm there. Thanks

Shouldn't be too hard targeting the smallies. Lots of them and likely still be shallow. Get a map early and study carefully. There are many rocks lurkinh to eat a prop and/or a lower unit.

yea looks like the type of place you gotta be extra careful. I read somewhere there's a tournament on Squam 6/25. might be a good time to take some notes ;)

Are you aware of the NH marker system? Red, right, return doesn't work here. Red markers stay south and/or west. Black markers stay east and/or north. I believe you can get more info from NH Fish and Game.

Well of course the weather was awful most of the time we were there. Waves on the lake were cresting from the wind. Saturday it calmed down but was still very overcast, and we got some fishing in, and Sunday was nice but we had to leave early so we were only out from 6-10. We only managed 3 or 4 fish per person but we all had at least one 4# plus. I recommend Squam you could fish it for a week and not see everything, and is MUCH quieter than Winni. Seems like hundreds of coves and points, rocks, etc. here's a couple pics, first 2 are me last is my buddy

JonesCopy.jpg

JonesCopy2.jpg

JorgeCopy.jpg