Sign in to follow this  
Deep Jig

Lightweight Hiking/fishing Vest/pack

I know a lot of people here fish from shore, as do I 90% of the time. I searched the forums and found people extolling the virtues of a lot of backpacks that are huge. I realize that my shore fishing is very unlike most other people's. I often bike in four miles then hike another mile or so over treacherous terrain to reach the water. For the past two years I've worn a big, bulky backpack stuffed with way too much gear and carried three or sometimes four rods (jig, spinnerbait, crank, senko/dropshot). It's just far too much and I am going to change my approach to bring less and target just a few presentations to facilitate that.

For example I am going to carry:

jig rod: 10 jigs for that rod, 2 chatterbaits, 5 hooks/weights/big plastics (7in worm)

dropshot/senko rod: 3 packs DS hooks/baits/weights, 1 pack senkos/wacky hooks/EWG hooks

cranking rod: 10 cranks, 5 topwater

I think I can fit ALL of those lures and terminal tackle in approximately two plano boxes. What I cannot find to save my life is a front/back vest/backpack that is targeted at bass fisherman, they are all for fly fishing. Ideally, I'd want all my lures and terminal tackle to be front accessible so I don't have to take off the pack to get at my gear. I'd put extra clothing/food/water in the backpack portion. Here is the best I can find so far:

pineycreekmain3.jpg

However, it's really targeted at fly-fishermen. Does anyone know of one like this with a bigger front attachment or targeted at bass fishermen?