Sign in to follow this  
jj'sbassinforfun

2011 Revo Sx Lefty For Crankin Deep. What Gears Numbers Needed???

First time posting= forgive if this was asked/answered before!! :-)

I was thinking of getting a 2011 Revo SX to put on my Vendetta VTC73-6 7' 3" MH moderate action rod. I currently have a 2009 Revo winch. But really I hate it doesn't match the rod. So I would like to mod the SX with 5.4:1 gears. What I need is the part numbers for the lh gears and a place I can get them pretty reasonable(I'm a cheap skate)?

I have read the older SX would require 1138198 gears. But I know the new 2011 SX has the Infini II™ spool and requires the same gear as the STX. If I am not mistaken the STX would need 1138197 gears. But I think these numbers are for the Righty reels???

Second question: What has been the users experiance with the SX and light crank's. I have never used the mag brake system and need some input. I have been throwing Abu's for years and all my reels have the centrifugal brakes. Most are the older round reels. But I do have an early T3000C with centrifugal only braking. Its on my homemade Carolina rig/Swimbait setup.

Any user input on the mag brakes would be great and TIA!

Too bad Abu doesn't offer the SX with the same dual system as the STX. Or an STX with the same color scheme as the SX.